All 7th through 12th graders are invited to join us for worship, games, friends, service projects, trips, activities and…food!
Our Sunday night sessions run from 5:30-7:30 pm in the Spring and Fall…but we have fun year-round! Spring activities have included service projects, dramas, lock-ins, kayaking, and community classes; and in the fall season putt-putt, more service projects, CPR and babysitting classes, and other various adventures.
Much to the appreciation of our congregation, our Youth Group also trains our new and returning acolytes each September. If you are between first and fifth grade, look for the training schedule and make sure you register!
In the off seasons, we have joined other youth from United Methodist churches throughout South Carolina in major events offered by the South Carolina Ministries with Young People (SCMYP) organization. Revolution occurs in January and Immerse occurs over the summer.
In the past, we’ve also sent folks to help with the Salkehatchie summer work project – you can learn more about that program with the link below.
Salkehatchie Summer Service
Recommended Minimum Packing List
Wear/carry these items when you arrive so you’re ready for adventure
- Comfortable sneakers/closed-toe shoes you can hike in
- Socks (yes, this is church, but please no hole-ly ones)
- Jeans or shorts depending on outside weather (we have some adventures planned)
- Wind breaker
Bring the following:
- Water bottle (label or be able to identify it in a crowd – this goes for pretty much everything you bring)
- Flip flops
- Beach towel
- Hand towel
- Personal hygiene items (minimum to include: toothbrush, toothpaste, and deodorant)
Bring these – you may want to change clothes.
- Sweatpants and shirt
Download PDF of the packing list.