What is a Stephen Minister?
- A child of God who walks beside a hurting person.
- A caring Christian who really listens.
- A member of our congregation who has been trained in how to provide distinctively Christian care.
- A person who is ready to focus on your needs.
- A trustworthy confidant who will keep everything you say–even your identity–confidential.
- Someone who will faithfully meet with you on a weekly basis for as long as your need persists.
A Stephen Minister is NOT
- A counselor or therapist
- A problem-solver
- Someone who runs errands or helps with chores.
- A casual visitor
Our Stephen Ministers are ready to provide you with the confidential, one-to-one Christian care you need to make it through a crisis or help you at a difficult time. Stephen Ministers provide care to people who are
- Grieving the death of a loved one
- Hospitalized or recovering from hospitalization
- Lonely or discouraged
- Coping with a terminal illness or caring for a family member with a terminal illness
- Disabled or caring for an ill or disabled family member
- Homebound or incarcerated
- Transitioning into retirement
- Dealing with the aging
- Facing a life transition
- Experiencing a spiritual crisis