Our Response to COVID - Reset, Restart, Renew
Updates as of 5/14/2021:
I am proud of our congregation’s response to the COVID pandemic. You have been kind and vigilant. As more and more of us are vaccinated, and as cases decrease daily, it is time to change some of our response.
Rev. Scarlett Hester
The following safety measures are still in place:
- Masks are optional. (Hand Sanitizer and masks will be available at the entrance if you need)
- Distance barriers will be placed between pews in the Sanctuary by blocking off every other row. For second service, the distance barriers will be moved to allow the other pews to be used.
- Announcements and Bulletins will be emailed.
- Bibles have returned to the pews, and will be followed with Hymnals, Attendance pads, and offering envelopes in the near future.
- Our cleaning service continues to sterilize frequently touched surfaces.
- During in-person worship services, musical offerings will be limited to piano, organ, small ensembles and/or soloists. Congregational singing of hymns will not occur yet.
- Offering plates will be on the altar rail in front on both sides of the church. If you usually use offering envelopes with cash donations, offering envelopes will be available in the narthex. Checks do not need envelopes.
- Please do not attend if you are feeling sick, have a fever, awaiting COVID test results, have been traveling to known high risk areas of exposure, or have knowingly been exposed in the past 14 days.
If your small group or church meeting must meet inside in-person, please contact the church office for room and schedule availability and a list of guidelines. Only one meeting area will be able to schedule for a specific room inside to allow time for cleaning and air circulation. We are still not allowing any outside groups to use the church.
Not everyone is ready to return to in person worship, we will continue to have services available on YouTube livestreamed. Please watch on the YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BlufftonUnitedMethodistChurch/