Open Hearts. Open Minds. Open Doors.
The people of Bluffton United Methodist Church.
Notice: For Services starting July 26, 2020, the classes and Nursery availability shown below will not be available until further notice.
First Worship Service Nursery Available
Adult Bible Study Conference Room 1
Adult Men’s Sunday School Conference Room 2
Children’s Sunday School Pre-School-K, 1-3, 4-6 Grade
Second Worship Service Nursery Available
Nursery care for ages 6 weeks through 5 years is available during each Service
We will continue to reflect on the journey of Christ in our lives. Join us during the Lenten Season as we learn about the seven last words of Jesus.
Lent is a time to connect with God in special ways; through prayer, fasting, and almsgiving (being of service).
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Wed Feb 17: Ash Wednesday 5:30pm
Tue Feb 23: Bible Study 1:00pm
Wed Feb 24: Open Sanctuary 12:00pm
Sun Feb 28: Faith Walk 4:00pm
Tue Mar 2: Bible Study 1:00pm
Wed Mar 3: Open Sanctuary 12:00pm
Sun Mar 7: Outdoor Worship 4:00pm
Tue Mar 9: Bible Study 1:00pm
Wed Mar 10: Open Sanctuary 12:00pm
Tue Mar 16: Bible Study 1:00pm
Wed Mar 17: Open Sanctuary 12:00pm
Tue Mar 23: Bible Study 1:00pm
Wed Mar 24: Open Sanctuary 12:00pm
Sun Mar 28: Palm Sunday
The Great Egg Hunt 2:00pm
Tue Mar 30: Bible Study 1:00pm
Wed Mar 31: Open Sanctuary 12:00pm
Thur April 1: Maundy Thursday 6:00pm
Fri April 2: Good Friday 12:00pm
Sun April 4: Easter Sunday
7:00, 8:30, 11:00am
Upcoming Pastoral Events:
- Join Pastor Scarlett live on Facebook at 10am on Wednesday Morning.
Reset, Restart, Renew
The following safety measures are in place:
- To protect yourself and others, masks are required and hands sanitized before entry (Hand Sanitizer and masks will be available at the entrance if you need)
- Distance barriers will be placed between pews in the Sanctuary by blocking off every other row. For second service, the distance barriers will be moved to allow the other pews to be used.
- Announcements and Bulletins will be emailed. No bulletins will be distributed on Sunday.
- All items (pens, hymnals, bibles, connection cards, offering envelopes, attendance pads, etc.) in the pews have been removed until further notice.
- Our cleaning service continues to sterilize frequently touched surfaces.
- During in-person worship services, musical offerings will be limited to string, keyboard, and pre-recorded wind and vocal music. Singing of hymns will not occur.
- Offering plates will be on the altar rail in front on both sides of the church. If you usually use offering envelopes with cash donations, please bring your own envelope from home. Checks do not need envelopes.
- Please do not attend if you are feeling sick, have a fever, awaiting COVID test results, have been traveling to known high risk areas of exposure, or have knowingly been exposed in the past 14 days.
Not everyone is ready to return to in person worship, Please watch on the YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/BlufftonUnitedMethodistChurch/
We have also implemented the following policies and practices:
- An outside 20×30 tent is available for small groups and meetings (until Dec 15)
- Small groups and meetings inside will continue to be suspended until further notice; this includes Sunday school.
- Continue online/video group chats and conversations with each other during the weekdays.
Welcome to our Church
Welcome! We are delighted that you’ve found our website. We here at Bluffton United Methodist Church hope that, at least, your interest is piqued by what you see here. Our true desire however, is that your excited interest would lead to a visit.
Our central mission spirals outward from the center of our life here at Bluffton United Methodist – our two Worship Services. We worship at 8:30 am and 11:00 am. Both services are traditional, with the latter service having a more musical emphasis. Majority opinion conveys that we are a warm and welcoming community of believers who worship in a small, intimate setting.
As you seek to live out Hebrews 10:25, we hope that you will join us at Bluffton United Methodist Church. We would love to see you!